my sanctuary.

Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Basic Blogging School.

Day 27 in wallaby.

After reading many inspiring blogs, i figured i should finally, for real, get back into the groove of blogging.

After many rounds of blog hopping, i realised that a good or popular blog survives for one of the b/m reasons:



1. It contains lotsa pictures.

They say a picture paints a thousand words. So i guess it really saves on the typing while at the same time painting a very pictorial representation of your experiences. Nothing expresses a great morning than a picture of a beautiful sunrise. i.e. V0n's



2. It is rich in literature.

My personal favourite. And im not saying a extremely wordy blogger. In fact less is more. i marvel at people's ability to use little words to express much. I'd say my command of english is not too bad, but reading some of these blogs makes me feel depressed and inspired.

Depressed because i regret not paying more attention to reading and writing skills from younger days. Thankfully enough for the plethora of reports i used to have to muster during conscription, i still maintain in contact with the language.

Inspired because i resolved that i will never be able to write like them. Language proficiency comes from a lifetime of practice and sharpening. Its a culture, a lifestyle. Its the people your converse with, the family you are brought up in. Evidently, being of neighbourhood upbringing, my command of the language is not spectacular. Back at home, mummy speaks mandarin and daddy speaks english, so it has made me rather bilingual. Though i absolutely hate the written form of the chinese language, i'm glad i'm still able to converse proficiently in mandarin. Nevertheless, the sheer vocabulary available to the above-mentioned bloggers astound me. Time to cultivate a lifestyle of reading.

One example is Stef Sun's.



3. It is absolutely interesting and insightful

Its amazing how they can turn daily family/mundane events into a post so enriching, you wished you were them. With the help of skillfully taken photographs and carefully chosen (albeit simple) words, they just seem to brighten your day. Life doesn't seem so bad after all. Case in mention: Edmund's



4. It is absolutely thrashy.

Ironic as it seems, the more thrashy a blog, the more you'd like to visit just to revel in mockery. Not much needs to be said. Seeing is Believing.




A reasonable (re)opening post for my blog? I shall commit myself to keep this place alive. At least 1 post/week maybe? It's a good avenue for me to express all my pent-up energy that i can't put in 150 characters. It'd serve as a good reminder of my juvenile thinking process in time to come. At the same time i promise not to plague my blog with poorly mustered language nor mindless reports of daily activities.

Wallaby up in next post.

Got a good blog to recommend? Leave a comment!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment



<< Home